Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Colour me in.

I'm on holiday at the moment and I brought some work along with me, but instead of doing what I should be doing (updating my website, designing business cards, preparing Art History lessons, doing my animation homework) I have been reading and relaxing, canoeing, and laughing at my fluffball of a dog trying to catch crabs on the beach. So just now I decided to finally do some of my homework, only to find that I have to re-scan my storyboard pics in grayscale before I can continue. The black and white scans just aren't great, so I wont be able to work on that until I get back. Instead I had some fun colouring in my character from the other day quickly, just for the hell of it. I sketchily traced over my pencil drawing in Photoshop and then coloured it in using the brush tool on a seperate layer to the linework. Technically this drawing is of little use for CG animation as it is not vectorised, and I still have loads of sketchy little lines, etc. But like I said, it was just for fun, and really quick. I think I'll call him Jim. Hehe.

Oh my word. I've just realised that I coloured him EXACTLY the same as Jon from Garfield! Now there's a fine example of the subconscious at work! Haha.

No comments: