Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jabulisa 2010 at DAG

I was honoured to have 2 of my works selected for Jabulisa 2010 "The Art and Craft of KwaZulu-Natal". The exhbition opened at the Tatham Art Gallery (Pmb) in June last year and in December it travelled to the Durban Art Gallery where I finally got a chance to see all the work and get my grubby paws on a catalogue. "The key role of Jabulisa is to reflect the best of current artistic practice in KwaZulu-Natal, the selection process was appropriately inclusive and wide-ranging, aiming to display excellent work by professional artists, part-time practitioners, craftspeople, designers, established artists and less well-know artists in a variety of media."




my lightboxes, 2nd from the right (above)



Stunning catalog complete with CD in the back.
The exhibition closes at the DAG this Sunday 23 Jan and then travels to Empangeni, Eshowe and Newcastle.

No comments: