Saturday, June 30, 2012

I am officially an iStock contributor!

About 2 months ago I got my first vector illustration accepted into the iStock stock library. There was a bit of rejection and frustration along the way, but I eventually figure out what they wanted and how to meet their stringent technical criteria. I managed to get six drawings accepted before my graphics tablet broke on me. And hope to do a whole bunch more once I have a working tablet. It's really just a hobby - because I like to draw sometimes, just for the sake of drawing. And this way I can draw the most random stuff and it doesn't have to mean anything. I also get a little feedback, and earn a little extra cash. And there is no client on the other end telling me how I should change it. And no deadlines. Win-win all round.

So, last week, I got my first download!!! I am still pretty excited about that, as you can see by my multiple exclamation marks. :-) I earned $3.30 USD from that one download. Woohoo, I'm a millionaire!! Well, almost.

I have heard about people that make a pretty decent living selling stock. Passive income baby. Once the work's done, you can earn money from it for the rest of eternity.

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-20129170-hong-kong-city.php?st=bb8ffe4

More here: http://www.istockphoto.com/search/portfolio/3491071#1b03adaa

No comments: